MediaWise is a media literacy resource, designed by primary school teachers and industry experts, to help children make sense of the digital world and develop life-long media literacy skills. Teaching kids critical thinking skills will help them navigate media, marketing, and advertising.
This book is for 1st and 2nd Class and will help teach primary school children to:
• Be able to explain what the media is,
• Gain an understanding of advertising and targeting,
• Understand persuasive text, celebrity endorsements and stereotypes,
• Develop critical thinking skills to identify misleading content or misinformation,
• Make more informed choices based on their evaluations of media messages.
It is available to download in English and Irish
All safefood resources are free to order and sent at no cost to the user.